Construction on the Hwy 14 Springfield to Sleepy Eye project is progressing as scheduled. The milling of existing pavement is complete from Sleepy Eye to Cobden and is set to conclude with the Cobden to Springfield section this week. Concrete paving is tentatively scheduled to begin on Wednesday this week, weather permitting. This will start in Sleepy Eye at the railroad tracks by Del Monte and continue West.
The construction progress and proposed schedule are as follows, the schedule is subject to change due to weather:
Work Completed Week of July 10-15
• Continued surveying/mill profile
• Started milling to profile – completed Sleepy Eye to Cobden
Week of July 17-22
• Finish surveying/mill profile
• Conclude milling existing bituminous pavement
• Begin mainline concrete pavement – Sleepy Eye to Cobden
Work which can start after Week of July 17-22
• Concrete Paving – Mainline
Accesses to Hwy 14 will be maintained to businesses and residences for the duration of the project; contact the project access manager, Joe Miessen with PCiRoads at 612-750-7150 with any access questions.
MnDOT Project Engineer