The mission of the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB is to strengthen the business community and take a leadership role in promoting economic growth in a spirit of cooperation and team work.
As a membership driven organization, the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB seeks to:
- Promote economic growth through the recruitment and retention of quality businesses and industries that will contribute to the overall economic health of the community.
- Provide the membership networking opportunities, referrals, internet promotion and other membership services to promote and enhance their business.
- Develop and nurture relationships with local government and other community sectors to help facilitate the needs and interests of the business community.
- Enhance the overall quality of life within the community.
2017 Membership Dues Structure
|Friends of the Chamber||Individuals or couples who are not otherwise engaged in professional or business ventures and chose to support the Chamber||$25|
|First Year Members||Will move into placement next year||$100|
|Smaller Service & Retail, Non-Profit||Hair Stylists, Taverns, Smaller Retailers, Non-Profit, Churches||$125|
|Mid-Service & Retail||Insurance, Investments, Lodging||$165|
|Large Service & Retail, Manufacturing, Construction, Out of Town Business||Chiropractic, Optometry, Dental, Attorney Offices, Funeral Homes, Manufacturing & Construction Businesses, Out of Town Businesses||$225|
|Large Industry, Financial Institutions||Utility Companies, Large Ag Companies, Banks, Credit Unions, Hospitals, Nursing Homes||$750|
Meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at noon at the Springfield Community Center. Any chamber member is welcome to take part in this committee.
Retail Committee Promotions
- Medallion Hunt – Riverside Days
- Fishing Derby – Riverside Days
- Kids Party in the Park – Riverside Days
- Holiday Open House
2017 Retail Calendar of Events (subject to change)
- March 18 – Cheers Tasting and Comedy Event
- March 31 & April 1 – Home & Leisure Show
- April 27 – Ladies Night Out
- April 27-29 – Spring Business & Residential Garage Sale
- April 28 – Lunch Wagon at Jim’s Market
- June 22-25 – Riverside Days and Medallion Hunt
- June 26 – Chamber Golf Tournament
- September 7-9 – Fall Business & Residential Garage Sale
- September – Fall Ladies Night Out (date to be determined)
- November 1 – Shop Springfield First Breakfast
- November 8 – Holiday Open House, Jingle Bell Ticket promotion starts
- December 18 – Jingle Bell Ticket Drawing
- January 8, 2018 – Winning tickets to be turned in by 3 pm
Meets the 1st Wednesday of each month at noon.
General Board Members – 3 year terms
- Front – Katie Mueller, Maxine Meine, Rachel Halvorson
- Back – Jill Riederer, Matt Muske, John Fank, Sara Schwarzrock
- Directors Lindsey Beyer, Lisa Kieper and Dillon Schultz were unavailable for picture
General Board Promotions
- Chamber lunches at Jim’s Market
- Business to Business Lunch & Learn Luncheons
- Annual Meeting
- Golf Tournament
- Riverside Days
- Spirit of Springfield award
- Promotes Springfield via the lodging tax income from the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham and Rothenburg Campground. We advertise in Explore Minnesota, SMTA, Walnut Grove, The Sailor and distribute Springfield Brochures locally and in area communities.
CVB Members – 3 year terms (term up) – meet as needed
Matt Skaret (City)
Ben Luense (Microtel)
Some of the key reasons why a business should join the Chamber are –
- To support the organization working on their behalf to increase business and create jobs in the Springfield Area.
- To expand their business by participating in Chamber programs and networking with other businesses.
- To support the development of the community and have a voice in its direction.
- To give back to the community that supports their business.
- It promotes positive business practices, therefore creating an upbeat outlook on our community.
- Members accept Springfield Bucks. This creates local economic impact of over $28,000.
- Opportunity to redeem Chamber Bucks at the three financial institutions in Springfield and the Chamber office
- Receives a Chamber Membership Plaque – updated yearly
- Receives the Chamber Chatter newsletter and other community information via e-mail or mail
- Receives yearly calendar of events
- Members listed in Advance Press three times per year
- Can place advertisements in Welcome Wagon Packet and Camping Packets at no charge
- Listed in Springfield EDA directory with Chamber member listing first in each category
- Free listing on Chamber website
- Community Calendar – community event listing
- Retail Promotions print and radio ads are paid by the Chamber
- Accept Chamber Bucks